Speed Rope Care, Maintenance and Damage Prevention
Here are some very basic tips for taking care of one the most powerful conditioning tools in your fitness arsenal:
- Inspect your cable rope for tears in the pvc covering.
- Lubricate the bearings with Liquid Wrench or WD-40.
- Avoid using on concrete, asphalt, dirt, gravel or abrasive surfaces.
- Ideal surfaces are gymnasium floors, rubber coated floors, rubber matted floors, or on pvc matting.
- Keep from getting wet whenever possible. Rust can occur on the metal parts within the swivel and bearing system.
- Do not hang the rope on a hook or let it straighten out.
- Do not coil it around the handles while storing.
NEVER bend, kink, or tie in a knot.
- Do not store in cold temperatures.
Keep us posted on how you like your speed rope and feel free to tag us on Social Media!
Facebook: White Lion Athletics
Snap Chat: WhiteLion_Athl
Leave a comment